CURRENT OPEN POSITIONS
Wisconsin People & Ideas, the Wisconsin Academy’s quarterly magazine of contemporary Wisconsin thought and culture, seeks a part-time (18 hrs/wk) editorial intern for Fall 2020.
Since 1954, the Wisconsin Academy has published a magazine for people who are curious about our world and proud of Wisconsin idesa. Wisconsin People & Ideas features thoughtful stories about our people and culture, original creative writing and artwork, and informative articles about Wisconsin innovation.
Applicants for the three-month intern position with the magazine should have the following:
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Digital experience with web publishing and/or social media.
- Knowledge of basic office operations (e.g. photocopying, mailing, etc.)
Experience with college newspaper, journal, or arts/culture publication preferred.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Participation in planning, developing, and editing articles for Wisconsin People & Ideas magazine
- Fact/quote checking and researching/locating images
- Writing and editing ancillary copy as assigned.
- Assisting in design and production tasks.
- Basic text and image file administration, including e-mail correspondence
Intern applications are due August 10, 2020, with an anticipated start date of September 14, 2020. The internship concludes December 11, 2020. The intern receives a $500 honorarium upon completion of their three-month term and additional per-article payments are available to superior writers. Candidates should submit a cover letter, résumé with three references, and at least one writing sample via e-mail to Jason A. Smith, editor, Wisconsin People & Ideas.