Thank you for your interest in Wisconsin Academy Careers. The following positions are open for recruitment.
Employment at Wisconsin Academy:
The Wisconsin Academy is a lifelong learning organization created by and for the people of Wisconsin. We bring people together at the intersection of the sciences, arts, and letters to inspire discovery, illuminate creative work, and foster civil dialogue on important issues. Learn more at www.wisconsinacademy.org.
The Wisconsin Academy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a welcoming environment for all employees. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability status, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and organizational need.
The exhibitions coordinator is a full participant in the planning and execution of James Watrous Gallery exhibitions, events, and related outreach. This position’s responsibilities include developing events to connect with new and returning audiences; coordinating the 2022 statewide Call of Artists; managing exhibition logistics; and assisting with exhibit design and installation. This is a 50% non-exempt position.
General Duties: Plan and coordinate exhibition-related programming and logistics to engage new audiences and ensure a positive experience for both artists and gallery visitors.
Reports to: James Watrous Gallery Director
Specific tasks for this position include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the 2022 statewide Call for Artists.
- Work with the gallery director to manage scheduling and logistics for exhibitions and events.
- Assist with exhibition design and installation.
- Explore new avenues for public engagement to cultivate and develop connected audiences and event partners.
- Work with the events and communications manager to plan and schedule gallery promotion.
- Manage attendance and guestbook records and the front desk, with assistance from visitor services staff.
- Passion for sharing and interpreting visual art.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work with diverse audiences.
- Excellent project management and administrative skills, including time management, process development, collaboration, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently as well as lead and participate in teams.
- Experience with event planning and promotion.
- Experience with exhibition design, installation, and art handling.
- Experience with local arts and culture organizations and institutions.
- Familiarity with and comfort in working across Wisconsin's diverse cultural landscape.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a discipline relevant to the gallery’s mission.
- Cross-disciplinary skills and interests.
To apply for this position please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org