The single greatest gift you can make to ensure our valuable work continues is through a planned gift to the Wisconsin Academy's endowment within the Wisconsin Academy Foundation. Legacy gifts provide the financial cornerstone for building our future. As an independent, nonprofit membership organization, the Wisconsin Academy does not receive money from the state or the university. We rely upon private endowments, grants, and member donations to carry out our service to the public.
Your gift helps connect your values to your legacy. Leaving a legacy to the Wisconsin Academy Foundation is easy to do, productive, and gratifying.
Legacy Giving Options
Legacy gifts can come in many shapes and certainly different sizes. We encourage you to make a gift that is significant to you and your family and helps you reach your financial goals.
- Cash: Cash may be accepted in any negotiable form.
- Securities: Publicly traded securities are accepted.
- Charitable Remainder Trusts: Designation as remainder beneficiary.
- Charitable Lead Trusts: Designation as income beneficiary.
- Retirement Plan Beneficiary Designations: Designation as a beneficiary of your retirement plans.
- Bequests: Designation as a full, partial or contingent beneficiary in your will, revocable trust, or retirement assests.
- Life Insurance Beneficiary: Designation as a beneficiary or contingent beneficiary of your life insurance policies.
As each contributor has different financial concerns, we encourage you to think about the variety of options available to you. It is recommend that you consult with your attorney regarding any bequest, trust provision, or retirement plan designation. The Wisconsin Academy is available to work with your professional advisors, but we do not provide legal or tax advice.
When you next update your legacy plans, please consider including the Wisconsin Academy Foundation in your will or estate. Whatever its size, your gift will strengthen the Academy's ability to examine the world and create a better Wisconsin.
If you would like to learn more about legacy giving, please contact Amanda E. Shilling, director of development, at 608-263-1692, ext. 16. You are encouraged to contact us if you have already make the decision to include the Wisconsin Academy in your will or estate plans, so we can welcome you to our Full Circle Society.