April 5, 2017
Early-bird registration opens February 1, 2017
Thelma Sadoff Center for the Arts
51 Sheboygan Street, Fond du Lac
Through our Climate & Energy Initiative, the Wisconsin Academy and partners will convene a full-day summit to empower local Wisconsin leaders to advance energy efficiency, renewable energy, and resilience across the state. Building on the success of our inaugural local government summit in 2015, this event aims to inform key decision-makers on the latest technologies, funding opportunities, policy strategies, and communication tools to move Wisconsin forward in addressing climate threats, encouraging energy innovation, and building sustainable and thriving communities.
The summit will:
- Identify the needs and priorities on sustainability issues within local governments across Wisconsin through a pre-event survey. We will use this feedback to finalize the summit agenda.
- Allow local governments of various sizes, and organizations designed to serve those local governments in clean energy and climate resilience strategies, to present and discuss their work with attendees.
- Offer two panels featuring program experts, local government leaders, and utility representatives discussing the changing world of energy decisions, where local decision-makers can have the greatest influence, and how to fund and implement programs supporting community sustainability and resilience.
- Provide detailed and engaging breakout sessions on technology advances and policy opportunities in three topic areas that participants identify as the greatest areas of interest through the pre-event survey.
- In direct response to a need identified in our inaugural Local Government Summit in 2015, offer an interactive workshop relating practical strategies for effectively telling local stories of success.
- Provide opportunities for discussion among leaders with common needs to troubleshoot problems, share best practices, and develop professional networks.
- Equip participants with a resource list highlighting practical websites, literature, tools, and contacts to assist in translating ideas introduced at the summit into action in their communities.