Wisconsin People & Ideas, our quarterly magazine of contemporary Wisconsin thought and culture, presents a special Wisconsin Book Festival reading featuring the winners of our statewide Fiction & Poetry Contests, hosted by editor Jason A. Smith. No need to register; you can join the event at: https://www.crowdcast.io/e/wbf-wi-people-ideas-2021. Before the event begins, you will see a countdown and the event image.
Fiction readings include:
- 1st-place: "Honor Cord," by Allison Uselman
- 2nd-place: "Everything Burns," by Kim Suhr
- 3rd-place:"Protocol of Print," by Yvette Viets Flaten
Poetry readings include:
- 1st-place: "The Father" and other poems by Jennifer Fandel
- 2nd-place: "Saint Simone" and other poems by David Southward
- 3rd-place: "Let My Hands Too Bring the Day" and other poems by Paula Schulz
Join us in celebration and support of Wisconsin's creative writing community! For more information contact event host and Wisconsin People & Ideas editor Jason A. Smith.
This reading is presented by the Wisconsin Academy of Sciences, Arts & Letters in partnership with the Wisconsin Book Festival, with support from Wisconsin Public Radio and Shake Rag Alley Center for the Arts. Learn more about how to submit your work to our annual fiction and poetry contests here.