Drawing is a way of thinking. Like writing, drawing clarifies. It deepens our understanding. Join artist Colin Matthes for a Total Essential Knowledge (TEK) workshop, where he’ll demonstrate drawing as a tool to visualize and share knowledge. This workshop is aimed at lifetime learners and offers a fun, low-pressure environment. Over two sessions we will:
- Learn drawing is for everyone! It is for anyone who cares to think or communicate. That’s you.
- Find value in the ACT of drawing, the process.
- Use drawing to research, remember, communicate, and figure things out
- Learn to slow down and make decisions about what is most important
- Make our own instructional drawings!
- Paper, any kind will do. Standard 8.5x11in copy paper works great.
- Marking tool(s). The simplest solution is a pencil or pen, but you can really use anything including markers, brushes and paint, etc.
- Something to document your finished drawing. A scan works great, but a simple cell phone photo in good light will work as well.
SCHOLARSHIP AVAILABLE: There is one (1) scholarship available for this course. Students of need are encouraged to apply through our Scholarship Application page.
DISCOUNT FOR ACADEMY MEMBERS: Members receive a 10% discount Member Rate on this course (discount applied during registration). Not an Academy member? Choose the "Member Rate + Membership" option during registration to receive your discount rate. Academy Members receive discounts on courses, contests, and ticketed events, as well as an annual subscription to Wisconsin People & Ideas magazine.